Deco Quartz Flooring Maintenance Recommendations
Floor systems generally take the most abuse of any surface in a building and therefore require regular maintenance.
- Dust mop with clean non-oily dust mop that suits the size of the floor area.
- Remove fine dust particles frequently from mop with a vacuum hose.
- Remove any wet spillage by damp mopping.
Note: Aggressive skid-inhibiting surfaces such as those found in locker rooms, showers, decks, pool areas, ramps, food areas and like surfaces require brush scrubbing followed by a water rinse. Normal cleaning with a mop will not properly clean the textured surface.
- Damp mop the surface.
- Scrubbing is required with a skid-inhibiting surface or when a smooth surface becomes very soiled. Use a bristled brush or a bristle attachment on a power scrubber (not a nylon pad) using a detergent solution to dislodge the dirt. The type of detergent will depend on the degree and type of build-up on the floor surface. Use an all-purpose cleaner for areas exposed to light traffic dirt. Extremely heavy-duty soils, oil, grease and rubber marks, etc., may be removed using a cleaner/degreaser.
- After scrubbing, the floor should be rinsed and vacuumed to prevent the dirt from resettling on the floor.
Caution: Some cleaners will affect the color, gloss or texture of your polymer floor surfaces. To determine how your cleaner will perform, we recommend that you first test each cleaner in a small area, utilizing your cleaning technique. This precaution will demonstrate the effectiveness of your cleaner and technique. If no deleterious effects are observed, continue with the procedure. If deleterious effects do occur, modify the cleaning material and/or procedure.
Due to the amount of construction debris, vigorous cleaning may be necessary. Use a soft blue brush on a buffer using mild detergents. Vigorous cleaning may cause some loss of gloss. See Periodic Maintenance. Loss of gloss does not affect performance of the system.
Industry Expertise and Innovation
See how we help customers find customized solutions for their project and application challenges.