From the Ground Up – LEED Flooring Solutions
Floor coating systems that contribute to LEED credit from Sherwin-Williams High Performance Flooring.
As a global provider of protective floor coatings, Sherwin-Williams High Performance Flooring is dedicated to meeting standards for various sustainable building programs, including LEED®, set by the U.S. Green Building Council. Through our team of industry experts, we develop commercial flooring systems that are durable and eco-conscious – one feature should not be sacrificed for the other.
Sherwin-Williams offers commercial flooring solutions that earn more points toward LEED credit than any other coatings manufacturer. We provide the widest range of systems that contribute to the Low-Emitting Materials credit. Our investment in establishing Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), which contribute to LEED’s Materials & Resources credit, is unmatched in the industry. In total, commercial flooring systems from Sherwin-Williams can contribute up to five points in LEED credit.
Our mission at Sherwin-Williams is to create products that protect and preserve our customers’ most valued assets. Our commercial flooring solutions are engineered to reduce maintenance and environmental impact. They deliver the high performance level architects and specifiers demand, and are competitively priced to keep material costs controlled.
EACH OF THE COMMERICAL FLOORING SYSTEMS BELOW CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THESE LEED v4.1 CREDITS:
- Indoor Environmental Quality: Low-emittings materials (1-3 points)
- Material & Resources: Building product disclosure and optimization - environmental product declarations (1-2 points)
SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMMERCIAL FLOORING SYSTEMS CONTRIBUTING TO LEED'S MATERIALS & RESOURCES CREDIT:
- Resuflor Deco Quartz BC23 (formerly Ceramic Carpet 400) is an 1/8” system which incorporates decorative colored quartz aggregates with high solids epoxy resins, chemical resistant grout and topcoats. It forms a protective surfacing system which is aesthetically pleasing, slip resistant, durable and resistant to wear, staining and chemicals.
- Resuflor Deco Flake BC (formerly Decorative Mosaic) is a mosaic pattern floor covering. These vinyl chips are incorporated in a clear or pigmented epoxy and sealed with a clear, high gloss, polyurethane finish. Its innovative base chemistry also provides tough chemical resistance.
- Resuflor Topfloor MER II (formerly EPO-FLEX MER II) combines Resuflor Topfloor crack bridging and waterproofing capabilities with a chemically resistant topcoat and an optional wearcourse of Resuflor Topfloor that provides increased wear, impact and abrasion resistance. Resuflor Topfloor achieves flexibility without the use of plasticizers or other additives, which can separate or migrate as the system ages. This means that the product remains flexible and continues to function for many years. Fiberglass scrim may be incorporated into the system to add tensile strength.
- FasTop Topfloor SL57 (formerly FasTop 12S) is a urethane concrete slurry system applied at 4-5 mm (3/16”) thickness and broadcast with aggregate to yield a 6-9mm (1/4-3/8”) finished floor. FasTop Topfloor SL57 can be applied with a pin rake, screed rake or flat trowel. It is designed to protect concrete, wood and steel substrates from thermal shock, impact, corrosion, chemical attack and abrasion.
- Resuflor Terrazzo TG (formerly Thin-Set Epoxy Terrazzo 1100) is a decorative flooring system combining high solids, pigmented, epoxy resin with colored marble, granite chips or other approved aggregates in a troweled mortar system. This mortar is then ground and polished to reveal the natural beauty of the aggregates surrounded by the coordinating epoxy matrix. Available with a flexible membrane for added adhesion, toughness, durability and waterproofing.
- Resuflor Topfloor SL23 (formerly Trafficote 105) is a high build (1/16” - 1/8”), chemical resistant, self-leveling system, which utilizes high solids binder resins and selected aggregates to produce a resin-rich material that is easily applied with a v-notched trowel or squeegee.
- Resuflor Topcoat Metallic (formerly Trafficote Metallic) combines select resins with metallic pigments to create durable floors that provide decorative value. The metallic pigments are nano-sized particles that when mixed with the clear resins disperse into unique patterns and provide an iridescent and pearlescent look that can be unique to each installation.
Industry Expertise and Innovation
See how we help customers find customized solutions for their project and application challenges.