Sherwin-Williams FasTop™ Delivers Exceptional Application Properties with HACCP International Certification
Polyurethane cement flooring solutions provide improved flow and levelling and streamlined packaging
Sherwin-Williams has been awarded the HACCP International certification for its range of FasTop™ flooring systems which are used extensively in the food and beverage industry. The accreditation confirms the specialist range of Sherwn flooring systems meet the standards stipulated by HACCP International for manufacturing and processing plants targeted across Europe, Asia, Africa and Middle East.
FasTop systems provide extremely hard-wearing, hygienic, chemical- and slip-resistant polyurethane cement flooring solutions with beneficial application properties. Engineered for long-lasting performance, low temperature cure and fast return to service in environments such as food and beverage plants, breweries, commercial kitchens, dairies, manufacturing facilities, garages, warehouses and chemical processing plants.
The Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points International (HACCP) body operates the internationally-recognised product certification scheme for equipment, materials and services used by food industry operators to ensure food is protected against any risk of contamination.
“When choosing these flooring systems from Sherwin-Williams, our customers and prospective customers can be reassured they meet the globally-recognised requirements of HACCP covering the quality of our processes and products,“ said Jeremy Waterhouse, Flooring Product Manager, Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings.
The HACCP certification mark recognises that any food industry operator can buy equipment, materials and services and be confident that any potential food safety risk has been identified and appropriately reduced by the supplier. Applications for FasTop systems include meat plants, breweries, dairies, commercial kitchens, pharmaceutical and chemical plant processing and heavy-duty plant and traffic areas
High performance flooring systems from Sherwin-Williams are used in diverse industries including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, industrial, retail, commercial and aerospace offering benefits of non-taint, hard- wearing, decorative, impact resistance, slip-resistance, abrasion resistance, chemical protection and thermal shock resistance. For more information see the Sherwin-Williams high performance flooring website resinflooring.sherwin.comSherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings has been awarded the HACCP International certification for its range of FasTop flooring systems which are used extensively in the food and beverage industry. The accreditation confirms the specialist range of Sherwn flooring systems meet the standards stipulated by HACCP for manufacturing and processing plants targeted across Europe, Asia, Africa and Middle East.
With the new FasTop Multi Systems, contractors can achieve time and cost savings through improved application properties, while delivering durable, long-lasting results to project owners. These systems set a new standard for performance and longevity in resinous flooring.
“For more than 20 years, contractors have relied on Sherwin-Williams FasTop systems to provide exceptional performance in demanding environments,” said Casey Ball, Sherwin-Williams global market director, High Performance Flooring. “With the new FasTop Multi Systems, contractors can achieve time and cost savings through improved application properties, while delivering durable, long-lasting results to project owners. These systems set a new standard for performance and longevity in resinous flooring.”
FasTop Multi Systems provide varied flooring options: self-levelling solutions, screed flooring solutions, decorative terrazzo solutions, scattered textured solutions and a cove base system and a topcoat.
- FasTop™ TG69 & FasTop™ RS69: Screed flooring systems that provide a textured surface for heavy-duty use in food and beverage production areas, and are resistant to thermal shock, steam, abrasion and chemical attacks. FasTop TG69 and FasTop RS69 deliver thicknesses from 6 to 9 mm's for maximum performance.
- FasTop™ SL23 & FasTop™ SL45: Self-levelling flooring systems that offer the flexibility of smooth or broadcast options for food and beverage production areas, providing resistance to thermal shock, abrasion and chemical attack. FasTop SL23 and FasTop SL45 deliver thicknesses from 2 to 5 mm's and are often used for rapid return to service to avoid operation downtime.
- FasTop™ SL23 WBU & FasTop™ SL45 WBU: Self-levelling flooring systems sealed with polyurethane top coats that offer UV stability and chemical resistance for various areas including aviation hangars and automotive.
- FasTop™ DP: A screed flooring system formulated to be scattered with aggregate that provide a textured surface for heavy-duty use in food and beverage production areas, and are resistant to thermal shock, steam, abrasion and chemical attacks. FasTop TG69 and FasTop RS69 deliver thicknesses from 6 to 9 mm's for maximum performance.
- FasTop™ Terrazzo: A decorative screed flooring system that provides a smooth surface for heavy-duty use in production areas and other industrial situations where a multi-coloured attractive aesthetic finish is required.
- FasTop™ Multi WR: Ideal when using a tanked resin system to wash down areas for maximum hygienic standards, the FasTop WR resin product cures to a much harder finish than concrete and provides a smooth finish for a long-term solution that resists hot water and impact.
- FasTop™ Multi T150: Can be installed as a high-performance polyurethane cement topcoat or as a single broadcast floor system, exhibiting good chemical and temperature resistance. This topcoat is available in 10 standard colors.
- FasTop™ BU: Used as a bulk screed for underalayments, making good repairs or forming ramps prior to FasTop systems being installed
The FasTop Multi Systems aggregate blend enhances flow and levelling properties – thus minimizing rework for applicators and installers. The new pouch packaging reduces the use of plastic and creates less waste – including a universal base and hardener, aggregate filler and a colour pack system with an expanded colour selection – enables efficiencies in shipping and storage operations.
To learn more about FasTop Multi Systems, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sherwin-Williams High Performance Flooring is a global portfolio of seamless, resinous flooring systems that combine durability with design aesthetics in applications across various industries – including airports, automotive showrooms, airplane hangars, convention centers, data centers, healthcare facilities, sports arenas, schools and universities, and manufacturing facilities. These durable flooring systems include options that enhance design and enhance ergonomics, while promoting compliance with cleanliness standards. Sherwin-Williams High Performance Flooring is part of Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine, which delivers smart asset protection and unmatched commercial, technical and specification service to customers in a wide array of markets, including Oil & Gas, Water & Wastewater, Bridge & Highway, Steel Fabrication, Flooring, Manufacturing & Processing, Mining, Rail, Marine, Power Generation and Fire Protection. Our world-class product portfolio is delivered across 4,700+ company-owned North America locations and a rapidly growing international distribution footprint. Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial and retail customers in more than 120 countries in the world. For more information, visit sherwin-williams.com/protective.
Industry Expertise and Innovation
See how we help customers find customised solutions for their project and application challenges.