Critical Fire Protection for Construction Projects
Construction customers not only expect the proper fire protection certifications, but also ways to enhance the value of their projects through superior quality, durability, sustainability and aesthetics.
To meet these needs, Sherwin-Williams has developed FIRETEX® FX9502, an ASTM E119 approved, mesh-free, 100% solids epoxy intumescent coating offering up to three hours of protection to structural steel in cellulosic fires.
Contact Our Fire Protection Experts
Why FIRETEX FX9502?
Tested, Certified Protection with Best-In-Class Dry Film Thickness Requirements
- Mesh-free - Does not require fiberglass or carbon fiber reinforcement
- ASTM E119 / CAN-ULC-S101-certified for up to three hours of protection
- Trowel, single-leg airless or plural application
- Suitable for shop or field application
- Best-in-class dry film thickness requirements
- Cleaner and more durable compared to cementitious products
Meet FIRETEX FX9502
This video demonstrates the proper application of FX9502 epoxy fire protection
Industry Expertise and Innovation
Explore customized solutions we deliver for customers to address their project and application challenges.
March 22, 2020
How Shop-Applied Fireproofing Beats Field Applications
November 1, 2016
Thickness for Passive Fire Protection Coatings
December 14, 2022
Offsite Steel Fireproof Coating for Efficient Construction
Our Fire Protection Expertise
Explore our industry solutions and technology to help protect your assets.LEARN MORE
Find out more about our innovative coatings for a variety of industries.FIND A PRODUCT