From the Ground Up – Green Building Flooring Solutions
Floor coating and screed systems that contribute to credits for certification from Sherwin-Williams High Performance Flooring.
As a global provider of protective floor coatings and screeds, Sherwin-Williams High Performance Flooring is dedicated to meeting standards for various sustainable building programmes. Through our team of industry experts, we develop commercial flooring systems that are durable and eco-conscious – one feature should not be sacrificed for the other.
Sherwin-Williams offers industrial and commercial flooring solutions that earn more points towards Green Building certifications. We provide the widest range of systems with very low VOC (volatile organic compounds) content and formulations using natural vegetable oils that contribute to Low-Emitting Materials credits. Our investment in establishing Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), is being driven to achieve formulations which will contribute to credits. In the United States already in total, commercial flooring systems from Sherwin-Williams can contribute up to five points in LEED credit.
Our mission at Sherwin-Williams is to create products that protect and preserve our customers’ most valued assets. Our commercial flooring solutions are engineered to reduce maintenance and environmental impact. They deliver the high performance level architects and specifiers demand, and are competitively priced to keep material costs controlled.
EACH OF THE COMMERICAL FLOORING SYSTEMS BELOW FEATURE BENEFITS CONTRIBUTING TO BUILDING CERTIFICATIONS
- FasTop TG69 is a polyurethane cement screed system applied at 6-9 mm thickness providing a functional very durable seamless finish with a formulation which includes natural vegetable oil sustainable raw materials. It has very low VOC content and is certified by HACCP International as a food grade product. It is designed to protect concrete and other substrates from thermal shock, impact, corrosion, chemical attack and abrasion
- SofTop SL is a polyurethane self-levelling system installed at around 2 mm thickness which provides a durable hard wearing finish which is also soft and comfortable for footfall and vehicle traffic. The formulation utilises sustainable natural vegetable oils and has a very low VOC content. Product used in this system includes certification standards such as Indoor Air Comfort Gold
- Resudeck Topcoat is a polyurethane high-build coating system which provides a durable hard wearing finish with a degree of flexibility. The formulation utilises sustainable natural vegetable oils and has a very low VOC content
- Resuflor Deco Quartz TG is a 4-6mm system which incorporates decorative coloured quartz aggregates with high solids epoxy resins, chemical resistant grout and topcoats. It forms a protective surfacing system which is aesthetically pleasing, slip resistant, durable and resistant to wear, staining and chemicals. Product used in this system includes certification standards such as Indoor Air Comfort Gold
- Resuflor Deco Flake is a mosaic pattern floor covering. This is achieved using coloured Resuflake pva chips incorporated in a clear or pigmented epoxy and sealed with a clear polyurethane finish which can be matt or gloss. Its innovative base chemistry also provides tough chemical resistance. Product used in this system includes certification standards such as Indoor Air Comfort Gold
- FasTop Terrazzo is a polyurethane cement decorative screed system with a formulation which includes natural coloured aggregates to provide a very durable hard wearing finish. The formulation utilises sustainable natural vegetable oils and has a very low VOC content.
Industry Expertise and Innovation
See how we help customers find customised solutions for their project and application challenges.