Cap and Closure Coatings
Sherwin-Williams provides coatings solutions for virtually every closure requirement.
Sherwin-Williams closure systems are custom-formulated for a complete range of food and beverage products, from infant formulas and baby foods, to mild (jams/jellies), medium (tomato sauce) and aggressive food packs (pickles, vinegars, meats, and sulphur preservatives) and can accommodate every closure type including press-twist (PT), continuous thread (CT), lug-style caps, roll on pilfer-proof caps (ROPP), wine caps and bottle crowns.
- Bottle Crowns
- Interior coatings – gold and aluminized, compatible with liners and ink jets
- Exterior coatings – various colors, compatible with inks
- ROPP (roll on pilfer-proof caps) & Wine Caps
- Interior coatings –sheet fed or spray applications
- Exterior coatings – Custom exterior colors, special effect finishes
- Lug, Continuous Thread and Baby Food Closures
- Interiors coatings – gasket adhesion, variety of pack resistance
- Exterior coatings – various colors, compatible with ink
- Solvent-based and high solids
- Designed for sterilization (retort, pasteurization, and hot fill)
- Designed for mild, medium, and aggressive food
- Non-PVC coatings
- valPure® non-BPA* technologies
- Product range provides chemical and physical resistance and processing capabilities
- Versatile pack performance
- Pasteurization latitude
- Custom exterior colors
- Reduced VOC/ water-based formulations
- Abrasion resistance
- Exteriors available in a variety of colors
Sherwin-Williams offers a comprehensive range of products for caps and closures
valPure non-BPA Coating Solutions
Learn more about our valPure® line of products supported by our rigorous Safety by Design development protocol.
*Non-BPA - This designation indicates that the coating technology is based on polymeric components that are not derived from Bisphenol A.