Food & Beverage Flooring
High-volume food and beverage processing plants present a unique set of challenges when it comes to facility flooring. With constantly wet settings, extreme temperatures, and frequent high-pressure hosing, food and beverage processing facility flooring has to withstand serious punishment. Even within a single establishment, different areas may require very different levels of performance from their respective floors. Food labs and processing facilities need to withstand heavy foot traffic, while a walk-in freezer or an area with an oven must perform in extreme temperatures.
Durable and Hygienic Flooring for the Food Processing Industry
In addition to the harsh chemicals and heavy wear to which these floors are subjected, their surfaces must support safety and sanitation regulations administered by agencies like the USDA, FDA, OSHA, and others. Sherwin-Williams seamless flooring solutions, such as our FasTop® polyurethane cement floor systems, promote both worker safety and food safety in food and beverage processing facilities — all while meeting strict sanitary regulations.
Safe and Low Maintenance Flooring for Food Manufacturing and Processing Plants
From food processing and packaging plants to beverage production and bottling, the food and beverage industry brings its own unique set of problems and priorities. In any facility that processes or packages food or beverage products, excellent hygienic conditions are imperative, as anything else could jeopardize the safety of the food and, ultimately, the health of consumers. To help maintain a safe, clean environment free of dangerous pathogens, look to Sherwin-Williams.
Sherwin-Williams floor coating systems are a proven solution for the food and beverage industry, with benefits including:
- Resistant to chemicals, acids, and alkalis
- Withstands diverse temperature ranges
- Sloped design for efficient drainage
- Integral cove-to-wall base simplifies wash-downs
- Adaptable expansion mimicking concrete
- Schedule-friendly installation process
- Integrated antimicrobial defenses
- Customizable slip resistance levels
- Options for decorative design elements
- USDA-approved for industry standards
- Enhanced wear and tear resistance
- Reduces maintenance costs over time
- Contributes to a safer workplace
- Suitable for high-traffic areas
To learn more about our flooring solutions, contact a Sherwin-Williams representative today.