Intumescent Coatings - Simplified
FIRETEX® FX6010 Ultra-fast-drying Intumescent Fire Protection for Construction Projects
Sherwin-Williams FIRETEX FX6010 intumescent coating has market-leading properties, including fast drying and reduced overcoating times, superior durability, good aesthetics, and the ability to be applied in shop or on-site.
These benefits translate into significant time and cost savings for applicators, enabling steel fabricators to satisfy the fire protection requirement of their clients and architects.
FIRETEX® FX6010 can be applied by normal airless spray equipment giving greater flexibility for the contractor to complete the application on or off-site. The rapid drying characteristics enable high productivity and a quick return to service with minimum disruption to the schedule.
Application Time Savings and Fast Return to Service
- Rapid drying, overcoating, inspection and hand-over, reducing the impact on the critical path for site application and maximising throughput when applied in shop
- Suitable for field or shop application
- Formulated for ease of application
- It can be applied by single-component airless spray
- Early weathering resistance
- Excellent durability, with resistance to weather and damage, including during any transport and erection processes
- Excellent aesthetic finish can be achieved without additional labour
- Low VOC, reduces environmental impact
- Extensively certified
Contact Our Intumescent Coatings Experts
Fill out the form to get more information about our next-generation cellulosic fire protection product. You can also request a site evaluation, speak with our coatings expert about an upcoming project, or our fire engineering team for coatings technical advice. Take a look through the information rich product resources below.
20 October 2022
Introduction to FIRETEX FX6010
Introduction to Sherwin-Williams FIRETEX® FX6010 intumescent coating. With market-leading properties, including fast drying and reduced overcoating times, superior durability, desirable aesthetics, and versatility. This product can be applied in shop or on-site.Watch Now
Video modal - Introduction to FIRETEX® FX6010 Intumescent Coatings
Industry Expertise and Innovation
Explore customised solutions we deliver for customers to address their project and application challenges.
13 October 2022
FIRETEX® range FX6010 Press Release
1 November 2016
Thickness for Passive Fire Protection Coatings
22 March 2020